E-library has enabled automation of the library functionalities such as on Acquisition, Cataloguing maintaining and providing access to catalogue items in the collection, managing the circulation of items, controlling the serial publications and in house facilities.
Approach and Objective
• The application has been developed with the inputs from College and University librarians to make it more relevant and useful and in consonance with standard Library management softwares.
• Automation of all library operations, like – book procurement, book issue, deposit, acquisition, fines, cataloguing using bar codes, stock verification have been automated.
• Creation of a single ID card and Library card for all students and users.
• Facilitated inter library search and availability of reference books
• A structured database of books, students, teachers is maintained to ensure speedy availability of books.